Excuses not to Learn a Foreign Language

Excuses not to Learn a Foreign Language

As the world becomes increasingly smaller due to technology and science, one thing becomes obvious: we need to learn foreign languages for an efficient communication. People come up with a lot of excuses not to learn a foreign language: maybe they were not good at it in school or maybe they just do not think they need it.

Here are some of the most common excuses people come up with for not learning a foreign language.

Everybody speaks English nowadays – this is actually not true, as only 25% of the world’s population speak English, which brings us to the following question: what languages do the other 75% speak?

Another excuse that is not at all valid: It is too difficult for an adult to learn anything. While this is true when compared to the mind of a child, which is more flexible and open to new things, learning a foreign language is not as difficult as it sounds if we just give it a try.

Another common excuse: learning a foreign language will not guarantee me a job. It is true that speaking a less common foreign language could be a real advantage, but speaking English is now essential in a job interview.

With all the available translation technology I don’t have to learn the language – this can be the case, however platforms such as Google Translate will not help you find a job or move to another country.

A very common excuse is: I am not good with languages. Although we are not all the same, we must make that initial effort and use our memory skills.

I don’t have time to learn is the most commonly used excuse. Although it takes time and energy, learning a new language can have its place in the daily routine of the modern man. You can do it on your way to work, on your way back home or in waiting rooms.

So, no more excuses and find an online course, an application or a teacher and learn your favorite language!

By | 2018-01-03T10:56:43+00:00 January 3rd, 2018|Articles|0 Comments